Research and Innovations Manager
Join a team that is pushing the boundaries of scientific development in sodium battery technology.
At Batri, we’re developing new and innovative methods of removing the worlds dependence on lithium. We’re looking for passionate scientists to lead our lab team and help us scale our emerging technology.
If your ambition is to grow a team and develop new green energy storage technology, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with the CTO you will guide the day-to-day research of the battery and energy development team.
Under your leadership the team will bring Batri’s sodium-ion battery and supercapacitor hybrid products to market. You will not only be focussed on research targets but developing new IP as well as finding potential funding opportunities whilst keeping abreast of changes in the broader energy market.
The results of your work could be deployed across the globe, and you will have the opportunity for occasional overseas travel and collaborative research in several countries.
You will play a key role in Batri, bringing our emerging tech to a world-wide audience. This role is ideal for someone with high ambitions and the drive to take Batri through a rapid growth phase and really influence its path forward.
Skills – Necessary:
- A background in sodium or lithium technologies.
- Be highly experienced and comfortable leading a team and breaking complex goals into meaningful short-term targets.
- Be able to demonstrate successful large scale research project delivery.
- A natural leadership style with an ability to work with both academic and commercially minded team members.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate clearly at all management levels.
- Must have be knowledgeable of various academic collaboration options and demonstrate a history of working with academic partners.
Skills – Nice to have:
- A passion for energy technologies
- A proven track record in successful grant and patent applications.
- Experience of staff development through internal and external opportunities.
- Management experience of global (or multisite) teams and projects across multiple time zones.
- Hands on experience of pilot scale manufacture of batteries and the scale up process to a production suitable product.
What we offer
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Cycle to work scheme
- EV car scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Gym membership (Nuffield Health)
- Private Health Care and Insurances
- Monthly lunch on the company and all refreshments and snacks while you work.
Who we are
Batri Ltd is a newly formed company, created to deliver a wide portfolio of green energy products, and projects. As part of the DST Innovation Group, Batri has already created a substantial global sales pipeline and is poised for rapid growth and market share.
Join the Mailing list
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the latest Batri® news